Cushions used outside are more likely to be exposed to dust, wetness, and UV rays than those used inside. Thus, regular couch cleaning is essential. But imagine how disheartening it would be to attempt to clean them, mess them up, and then find that they are in even worse condition than they were before. This post will teach you how to clean outdoor cushions in a way that won’t damage them and will extend their usefulness and aesthetic life.
A Step-by-Step Guide For Cleaning Outdoor Cushions
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, you may get started with these easy measures on how to clean outdoor cushions.
- Spray water on the cushion while putting it on a clean floor or table first. They need to be sprayed thoroughly until they are moist but not drenched.
- Create a solution in a clean bucket. To make a quick and easy solution, fill a bucket with water, and then add two teaspoons of dish detergent and half a cup of Borax.
- Scrub the cushions with a hard-bristled brush and cleaning solution. Any persistent stains or mildew should be treated with special care.
- Please wait at least five minutes before removing the cushions from the cleaning solution.
- To remove the cleaning solution from the cushions, use high-pressure water.
- Remove as much moisture as possible by hand, and then set them out to dry, preferably in the sun. To speed up the drying process, turn them on their sides and rest them against a wall.
How To Clean Outdoor Cushions Based On The Kind of Stain?
Stains on outdoor cushions should be treated as quickly as possible, just like any other stain. Make use of these guidelines for particular categories of spots
Fixing Mould Stains On Outdoor Cushions
When removing mould from outdoor cushions, the first step in the cleaning process should be to prepare a cleaning solution consisting of one part Borax and four parts warm water. Apply the solution to the affected region on the cushion before cleaning it out with a microfiber towel. Wait 20-30 minutes for the solution to set up before cleaning out stubborn spots. At last, give it a good rinsing with clean water.
Fixing Bird Poop Stains on Outdoor Cushions
The first step in cleaning outdoor cushions affected by bird poop is to remove as much of the poop as possible using a microfiber cloth. Put the cleaning solution you created into a spray bottle, and then apply it to the stain by giving it a little misting. The cloth should be given time to absorb the solution before being cleaned with a gentle brush. Water should be used to rinse.
Removing Oil Stains From Outdoor Cushions
When removing oil from your outdoor cushions, you should first attempt to absorb the excess oil using a towel and then apply an absorbent powder to the dirty area. After letting the powder settle for around ten to fifteen minutes, remove it from the surface.
Tips For Cleaning Outdoor Cushions And Pillows
First, it’s important to realize that not all outdoor furniture can be cleaned using the same methods. Cushions coated with pollen will need a different cleaning method than others. Hera re some tips on cleaning outdoor cushions mindfully:
- All of the techniques mentioned above work best for thorough cleaning. You should avoid frequent, thorough cleaning to prolong the life of your cushions.
- Even if you can’t see dirt, giving your cushions a quick wash once over every week is still a good idea. Just dampen a cloth and rub the cushions over them to clean them.
- Putting your cushions in the washing machine could be your last option when individual stains cannot be removed without washing the whole cushion cover.
Can I Restore Faded Cushions?
Most outdoor cushions and pillows, especially those made of long-lasting materials, are resistant to UV rays. However, if the material is exposed to intense sunlight for an extended period, it will eventually lose its vibrant colour. Once the material begins to degrade, nothing can be done to restore it.
You may get at least five more years out of your cushions’ original colour by following simple steps. If you don’t want your cushions to fade in the sun, keep them in the shade while not in use. Rotate the pillows to balance their sun exposure if some are usually in the sun and others are always in the shade.
You can make your outdoor cushion and furniture look and feel like new with just a little attention and care. It is not difficult or time-consuming to maintain your outdoor cushion set to keep it in excellent condition, regardless of whether it is kept in your house during the colder months or has a permanent location in your garden.
Following these simple instructions, your outdoor furniture and cushions are spotless and ready for your next party. If any of the above measures don’t work for you, you can contact a cleaning expert who can do the job for you.